On Saturday evening, the Waverly Police Department received reports of people being followed in and around both Wal-Mart and Kroger.
In a Facebook post, the Waverly Police Department said that it is conducting extra patrols. Chief Zach Dixon encourages the public to report any suspicious behavior, if you feel a subject is following ￼you, so officers can immediately follow up on the incident. ￼Contact the Waverly Police Department at (740) 947-2179.
In our previous print edition, the News Watchman reported that the Waverly Police were asking for the public’s help in identifying a male suspect who allegedly followed a runner on June 29.
Video of the suspect is available on the Waverly Police Department Facebook page.
Anyone with information on that suspect is asked to call Officer Queen at 740-947-2179 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Waverly Police Department also shared the following safety precautions on their Facebook page:
Safety Precautions for Runners, Walkers, and Bicyclists
• Stay alert at all times.
• Run, walk, or bike with a partner or dog if you can.
• Don’t wear headsets. If you wear them you can’t hear an approaching car or attacker.
• Vary your routine. That way, a potential attacker won’t get to know your routine.
• Avoid unpopulated areas. Especially poorly-lit areas at night.
• Run against traffic so you can observe approaching vehicles.
• Trust your intuition about a person or area.
• If you think you’re being followed, change direction and head for open stores or lighted house.