Forty-two troopers graduated on Friday as the Ohio State Highway Patrol’s 166th Academy Class.
Winter can put a damper on driving conditions, especially when snow and ice are involved. Hazardous storms and inclement weather are a factor in more than half a million crashes and more than 2,000 road deaths every winter, according to research from the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety. AA…
A suspect in a murder committed in December appeared in the Pike County Court of Common Pleas on Wednesday for a pre-trial hearing.
The Ohio State Highway Patrol (OSP) is seeking a solution to an increase in fatal crashes in Ross and Pike counties by “targeting crash-causing violations.”
On Monday, Jan. 13, several local law enforcement agencies were involved in a vehicle pursuit after a suspect failed to stop during a traffic stop on US 23 near Three Locks Road in Ross County.
Submit Your News
- Southern Ohio Medical Center opens family practice at Western Local Schools
- A Partnership of Service: SOMC opens family practice at Eastern Local Schools
- Ohio State Highway Patrol seeks solution to recent increase in fatal crashes in Pike, Ross counties
- Human remains found near Jackson, officials say
- Reward offered for missing or endangered Oak Hill man's whereabouts
- Goodwill opens activities and training center in new location
- News of Record - Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2020
- Free Coats For Kids
- Former atomic workers invited to benefits round table
- AAA: Drive to Survive this Winter
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Former nuclear weapons workers in the area, including Portsmouth Gaseous Diffusion Plant retirees, are invited to a Nuclear Care Partners’ Benefits Round Table on Jan. 30.
The Community Action Committee of Pike County is hosting the 2020 Operation Warm Program, sponsored by the Governor’s Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives Grant. Through this program, TANF-eligible children (households under 200% of federal poverty guidelines) are eligible for a f…
JACKSON — Investigators with the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office, along with investigators of Gallia County Sheriff’s Office, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Jackson County Coroner Dr. Alice Frazier spent Saturday at a site on CH&D Road (County Road 2) in Bloomfield Townshi…
Members of the Western community celebrated their new partnership with the Southern Ohio Medical Center family (SOMC) on Jan. 9 with an open house and ribbon-cutting ceremony for SOMC’s new family practice located at Western Local Schools.