Photos by Julie Billings, News Watchman Sports Editor
These photos were taken during the annual Waverly Holiday Classic, which was held in Waverly's downtown gymnasium. On Dec. 27, Western lost the first game to Alexander by a score of 51-41. Then in the second game of the night, the hosting Waverly Tigers used a strong second half to win over the Piketon Redstreaks, 45-33. The teams returned to action on Saturday afternoon, Dec. 28, for the consolation and championship games. Piketon won the consolation game over Western 54-34. Then the Waverly Tigers won the Holiday Classic title with a 54-52 overtime win over Alexander.
- Pike County reports first confirmed case of COVID-19 (coronavirus)
- Study based on GPS data gives Pike County a grade of D for social distancing during COVID-19 (coronavirus) emergency, and a grade of F for change in non-essential visits
- Ross County reports first two confirmed cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus)
- Pike County General Health District releases statement on Stay at Home Order
- Man arrested, charged with felony burglary, unlawful restraint
- Pike County Government office closings and changes in operation announced due to COVID-19
- Pike County Commissioners urge residents to follow guidance of health, government officials concerning COVID-19
- Pike County General Health District responds to commonly-asked questions
- Ohio needs to increase hospital capacity before coming surge of COVID-19 cases, state says
- Ohio woman who lost 3 family members urges people stay home
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.