It is that time of year … flu season. Influenza not only makes you feel miserable, it can also be dangerous, especially for children and the elderly. You have the power to protect your children, your family and yourself this flu season with an immunization.
Interested in being trained to help your community better manage their chronic disease conditions? The Area Agency on Aging District 7 (AAA7) is looking for community leaders to assist with facilitating its Chronic Disease and Diabetes Self-Management Programs. Community leaders/coaches will…
Nearly two dozen middle school and high school students from Pike, Ross and Jackson counties participated in a free, two-day Internet of Things: Student STEM Workshop at the Ohio University Chillicothe campus on Aug. 14 and 15.
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohioans are invited to join the ODNR Division of Geological Survey in exploring the state’s natural history during Earth Science Week, Oct. 13–19. Geologists will give talks and lead hikes and fossil collecting throughout Ohio at state parks, state nature preserves, and othe…
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Due to the warmer than normal temperatures, leaves are slowly starting their autumn color transformation, according to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR). With cooler temperatures forecasted, those colors should soon appear statewide.
Christie Welch at The Ohio State University Extension in Piketon has been recently selected to receive a $81,316 grant from the North Central Region Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program (NCR-SARE) for the project, “Professional Development for Ohio Farmers Market Managers a…
Hannah Scott at The Ohio State University in Piketon has recently been selected to receive a $161,632 grant from the North Central Region Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program (NCR-SARE) for the project, "Sustainable Production and Marketing Using the Cooperative Model for a…
- Firefighters battle fire at Waverly Dairy Queen
- Waverly man arrested for arson in connection with barn fire
- Ross County Health District issues overdose warning
- RB Sigma brings Lean training to Pike Schools
- Fluor-BWXT donates $71K for Piketon Water System Upgrade
- Benefit for Kevin McDowell on Oct. 10
- Local hero recognized by Ohio and local hometown
- Early/absentee voting has begun
- Patrol investigating two vehicle injury crash at State Route 32/124 intersection
- Department of Energy to hold Emergency Management Exercise on Oct. 9